Thursday, February 6, 2014

Healthy Hair Starts from the Inside – 10 Foods for Lovely Locks

by P. Gough
This morning, after a spending a tedious 25 minutes in front of the mirror trying to add some life to my listless locks (and avoid my usual ponytail) I gave up and scheduled what I know will be a costly but much needed appointment with Pete, my hairdresser.
Like every other woman on the planet, I want beautiful, healthy, shiny hair. I also know I spend way too much money trying to get it; two hundred dollars on a professional haircut and color, then fifty on shampoo and conditioner, and that doesn’t even take into account the extra masques, treatments or tools, but even then those shiny locks aren’t easy to come by.
So, I am turning over a new leaf and cutting down on my expenses. I know I should focus on what I am putting into my body, and leave those topical serums and potions on the shelf at the department store. I honestly had no idea that the foods I eat have such a significant impact on how I look, but I’ve learned that foods really do affect how tired we appear (and feel), our skin, and yes… our hair.
Here are 10 foods bound to make your hair (and skin) look good from the inside out.
salmon
  1. Salmon is loaded with the omega-3 fatty acids which keep your scalp healthy. This is very important because a dry scalp often results in dull hair.
  2. Green leafy vegetables provide tons of vitamin A and C which help produce the oily substance called sebum (a natural hair conditioner) that is secreted by your hair follicles.
  3. Beans, beans are good for your… hair! Legumes are a great source of protein, iron, zinc and biotin (a lack of biotin can cause brittle hair).
  4. Nuts provide selenium for scalp health (brazil nuts), alpha-linolenic acid for conditioning (walnuts) and zinc to reduce shedding (cashews, pecans & almonds).
  5. Poultry is a high-quality protein with a high degree of bioavailability which helps strengthen weak and brittle hair.
  6. Eggs are a great source of protein and contain biotin, and vitamin B-12 which supports red blood cells for a Eggshealthy supply of blood and oxygen to your hair.
  7. Whole grains give you a healthy dose of B vitamins, zinc and also iron to help with hair loss and shedding.
  8. Oysters are loaded with powerful antioxidants like zinc that assist the oil-secreting glands attached to hair follicles for shiny, dandruff-free hair. Beef and lamb are also good choices.
  9. Dairy products are a great source of calcium, an important mineral for hair growth.
  10. Carrots contain an ample supply of vitamin A, which is not only great for your vision but also for a healthy scalp, which is essential for healthy hair.
Although I am keeping my hair appointment with Pete the hair magician, I will turn to the refrigerator before I spend $50 on a fancy shampoo, because beauty really does start on the inside!
ReGrow Plus promotes circulation to hair follicles and roots for healthy hair!
www.gooddeedsmall.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment